About Distilled SCH
Distilled SCH is the combined business of Irish owned Distilled Media Group and Schibsted Media Group from Oslo. Together we command leading positions in real estate, motors and general buy and sell with our hugely popular online marketplaces Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie.
What’s the opportunity?
We are looking to recruit 2 talented, energetic and motivated Senior Engineering Managers to join the Distilled team. Both roles will report directly to our VP of Engineering and the roles are based in Dublin & Wexford respectively. In this role you will work closely with our functional and agile teams, to drive high performance and a customer centric approach to delivery of the company's strategic objectives.
What will I be doing?
As a Senior Engineering Manager you will:
- Lead, manage and develop a team of highly talented and experienced engineers
- Be an Agile Evangelist, you will work to ensure our agile approach is well understood and adopted within the technical teams and the wider company
- You will identify opportunities for continuous improvement whilst helping teams to become self-sufficient and sustain agile principles
- Support the VP of Engineering to prioritise and allocate project resources aligned to business demands
- Coach, mentor and manage the team to enhance and further develop their technical and broader skill sets
- In collaboration with senior stakeholders, help to define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals
- Manage and contribute to achieving the company's engineering OKRs
- In conjunction with the VP of Engineering, and the Group Technical Architect, ensure that all platforms, both backend and client are architecturally sound
- Support the business units to help plan and execute projects
- Continuously evaluate the performance of our functional teams and proactively identify ways to improve
- Recruit and develop great engineers
- Work to create an environment where each member of the team is successful and that any roadblocks to success are removed in a timely manner
- Support our agile teams to achieve their sprint goals
- While you will be based in either our Dublin or Wexford office, you will spend at least 2 days a month in each of our locations - Waterford, Wexford and Dublin
What skills do I need?
- 3+ years experience managing high performing engineering teams
- Experience working in an Agile environment in both Scrum and Kanban where you will have become familiar with the Product and Software Development life cycle
- Strong experience facilitating project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making, and ensuring alignment with several stakeholders
- Have an understanding of the Lean Principles and how to monitor and improve the flow of work through a team
- Experience working with Business and Product teams in the planning and execution of projects
- Have a strong technical background, and have worked for 4+ years in a development role
- ScrumMaster certification is a plus
- You will need to be a strong collaborator, and problem solver, with a desire to simplify processes and make things happen
- Strong people management skills and the ability to motivate and inspire others. An ability to drive strong team and company values
- You will need to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
What’s it like to work here?
You will have the opportunity to work with one of Ireland's fastest growing Internet companies. You will get the opportunity to make a significant contribution to our future direction. Projects are exciting and employees are given wide scope for creativity and innovation.
Our company values give us a framework for leadership and daily decision making, they are what make us a great place to work. Although we hail from all walks of life and speak dozens of languages, our staff share and work towards a common goal and vision for the company. These values are the embodiment of how we as a company and individually behave and present ourselves both internally and externally for our colleagues, our users and our customers.
- We have a blackbelt mindset
- We like to simplify things
- We make things happen
- We collaborate across teams, business units and brands
- We're passionate about what we do
- Competitive salary in a dynamic and technology driven environment
- We help you plan for your future by offering 5% contribution towards your pension
- Peace of mind with life assurance and fully paid healthcare
- Focused career development and progression opportunities
- If you’re cycling or commuting, we’ve got you covered with the cycle-to-work and Taxsaver schemes
- We celebrate your Birthday with cake and successful probations with champagne!
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment you need to do your job
- Great central locations in the heart of Dublin City and Wexford Town
- Our biggest benefit is our friendly and talented people!