About Distilled SCH
Distilled SCH is the combined business of Irish owned Distilled Media Group and Schibsted Media Group from Oslo. Together we command leading positions in real estate, motors and general buy and sell with our hugely popular online marketplaces Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie.
What’s the opportunity?
Distilled SCH are looking to recruit a talented and experienced Product Design Lead/Head who will mentor and coach a team of 8 Product/UX/UI designers in a matrix organisation working on Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie across Dublin and Wexford offices.
The team’s dream is to know customers and understand their problems, work on variety of projects across all different brands and to have a design system in place that enables that. The idea is to make projects cool by the way we approach them and create creative environment for everyone to grow. The ultimate goal is to deliver award winning solutions that deliver value to users and the business. Your mission as the Product Design Lead/Head will be to lead the team to fulfill their dream by rolling out the right processes around user research, usability research and the design system. This will involve overlooking ongoing design work and assuring we’re releasing top class products.
What will I be doing?
As a Product Design Lead/Head you will:
- Work within a lean and agile environment, and ensure great design gets turned into successful products
- Develop team, talent, processes and methodologies, integrate and maintain a motivated and happy design team of 8
- Deliver Distilled SCH design system (brand guidelines, library of common components, naming convention, etc.)
- Coach junior designer UX & UI practices (e.g. pen & paper sketching, usability testing, etc)
- Deliver user-centred design and design-led thinking for new solutions on our platforms for media partners
- Be a voice/representative for design at higher level strategy meetings and managing C-level stakeholders
- Partner Product Managers in delivering a comprehensive user research which will inform Distilled roadmap going forward
- Establish and maintain relationship with relevant Schibsted Designers across the world
- Deliver effective 1:1s on weekly/bi-weekly basis
- In conjunction with CPO and the team of designers develop the way of working and best innovation practices for Distilled SCH. Lead the Product Designers’ community of practice
What skills do I need?
- 7+ Digital Product Design experience
- Great people management experience
- Expert knowledge of the user experience design process
- Expert knowledge of the full product development lifecycle
- Excellent analytical knowledge
- Experience working in an agile product development environment
- An ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders
- Possess excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and collaboration skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, drives for simplicity and clarity, has an ability to confidently present and influence senior management
- Enjoys learning and finding improved ways of working in a collaborative manner
What’s it like to work here?
You will have the opportunity to work with one of Ireland's fastest growing Internet companies. You will get the opportunity to make a significant contribution to our future direction. Projects are exciting and employees are given wide scope for creativity and innovation.
Our company values give us a framework for leadership and daily decision making, they are what make us a great place to work. Although we hail from all walks of life and speak dozens of languages, our staff share and work towards a common goal and vision for the company. These values are the embodiment of how we as a company and individually behave and present ourselves both internally and externally for our colleagues, our users and our customers.
- We have a blackbelt mindset
- We like to simplify things
- We make things happen
- We collaborate across teams, business units and brands
- We're passionate about what we do
- Competitive salary in a dynamic and technology driven environment
- We help you plan for your future by offering 5% contribution towards your pension
- Peace of mind with life assurance and fully paid healthcare
- Focused career development and progression opportunities
- If you’re cycling or commuting, we’ve got you covered with the cycle-to-work and TaxSaver schemes
- We celebrate your Birthday with cake and successful probations with champagne!
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment you need to do your job
- Great central locations in the heart of Dublin city, Wexford Town and Waterford City
- Our biggest benefit is our friendly and talented people!