About Distilled SCH
Distilled SCH is the combined business of Irish owned Distilled Media Group and Schibsted Media Group from Oslo. Together we command leading positions in real estate, motors and general buy and sell with our hugely popular online marketplaces Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie.
What’s the opportunity?
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Data Protection professional to join our team. As Data Protection Officer you will assess Data Protection processes and requirements and ensure our compliance with GDPR and other European and national legislation and policies.
What will I be doing?
- Undertaking a comprehensive review of Distilled SCH’s data and privacy projects and ensure that they’re consistent with corporate privacy and data security goals and policies
- Developing and managing company-wide procedures to ensure the development of new products and services is consistent with company privacy policies and legal obligations
- Establishing a process for receiving, documenting, tracking, investigating and taking action on all complaints concerning privacy policies and procedures
- Establishing an internal privacy audit programme
- Informing and advising Distilled SCH and our employees of our obligations according to the GDPR and relevant national law
- Monitoring compliance with the GDPR and company policies regarding assignment of responsibilities, training and awareness of employees and audits
- Providing advice to Distilled SCH when conducting risk and impact assessments of processing operations
- Cooperating with the relevant data protection authority
- Acting as the contact point for the data protection authority on relevant issues
What skills and competencies do I need?
- Experienced Data Protection professional with substantial experience in a Data Protection or similar compliance based role
- Expert knowledge of data protection, privacy practices and the regulatory and legislative frameworks, including GDPR and practicalities of implementation
- A proven track record in translating legal and regulatory requirements into practical, operational solutions
- Understanding of technology-driven businesses
- Ability to communicate concisely across multi-disciplinary teams whilst maintaining independence
- Experience in managing data incidents and breaches
- Strong leadership, collaboration and relationship management skills, with the ability to influence at all levels
- Excellent written and oral communication
- High level of organisational skills and focus
- Ability to critically analyse and make decisions
- Relevant third level qualification essential
- Professional qualification in Data Protection e.g. CIPP/CISM/CIPT desirable
What’s it like to work here?
You will have the opportunity to work with one of Ireland's fastest growing Internet companies. You will get the opportunity to make a significant contribution to our future direction. Projects are exciting and employees are given wide scope for creativity and innovation.
Our company values give us a framework for leadership and daily decision making, they are what make us a great place to work. Although we hail from all walks of life and speak dozens of languages, our staff share and work towards a common goal and vision for the company. These values are the embodiment of how we as a company and individually behave and present ourselves both internally and externally for our colleagues, our users and our customers.
- We have a blackbelt mindset
- We like to simplify things
- We make things happen
- We collaborate across teams, business units and brands
- We're passionate about what we do
- Competitive salary in a dynamic and innovative work environment
- We help you plan for your future by offering 5% contribution towards your pension
- Peace of mind with life assurance and fully paid healthcare
- Focused career development and progression opportunities
- If you’re cycling or commuting, we’ve got you covered with the Cycle-to-Work and TaxSaver schemes
- Running lessons with a dedicated trainer, right from our office
- English lessons for any newcomers to Ireland
- We have Friday treats and a monthly buffet breakfast supplied by Urban Picnic
- We celebrate your Birthday with cake and successful probations with champagne!
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment you need to reach your potential
- A great central location in the heart of Dublin city centre
- Our biggest benefit is our friendly and talented people!