About Distilled SCH
Distilled SCH is the leader in online marketplaces in Ireland. Formed in 2015, Distilled SCH operates the three iconic Irish online brands – Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie. Combined, these websites not only offer unrivalled reach, traffic and data but are also the number one property, motor and generalist advertising portals in the country.
What’s the opportunity?
Due to this exciting time of growth within the Company we are now seeking to hire a Senior Desktop Support Engineer to join our BizOps Team. As part of the BizOps Team you will get the chance to work with a wide array of cutting-edge technologies. The successful candidate will have the chance to contribute to the success of a renowned Irish organisation in our modern offices in Wexford and Waterford.
What will I be doing?
As a Senior Desktop Support Engineer you will:
- Provide onsite desktop support for all Wexford (80%) and Waterford (20%) based Distilled SCH employees (Approx 60 employees)
- Be based in Wexford (80%), and will travel to Dublin (20%)
- Support for desktops, laptops, software, hardware, printers and other related equipment
- Set up user accounts and modifying permissions as required
- Look after the onboarding and offboarding of employees, and order management
- Maintain high troubleshooting and user support standards for all desktop support issues
- Identify and recommend appropriate changes to improve desktop support processes, infrastructure and systems to improve performance, reliability, availability and service
- Install and troubleshooting all desktop support IT hardware and software, on and off site
- Remove performance bottlenecks from currently-deployed desktop support IT systems
- Co-manage the IT inventory
- Determine proper escalation path for non-resolved desktop support issues
- Set up, and maintain, meeting and conference rooms
- Support the cross-location company huddle
- Provide on-site productivity training
- Assist with ongoing projects in the BizOps Team
What skills do I need?
- You must have at least 2-4 years’ experience in Desktop and Network Support
- We use MacOS, Windows or Linux for our laptops so knowledge of MacOS and Windows is required
- Active Directory and or LDAP would be a plus
- Strong customer facing experience
- Strong organisational and troubleshooting skills
- Analytical problem-solving and root cause analysis skills
- Strong attention to detail and a love for processes
- Ability to work own initiative and under direction
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to quickly learn and understand new systems
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- A clean driving license
What’s it like to work here?
You will have the opportunity to work with one of Ireland's fastest growing Internet companies. You will get the opportunity to make a significant contribution to our future direction. Projects are exciting and employees are given wide scope for creativity and innovation.
Our company values give us a framework for leadership and daily decision making, they are what make us a great place to work. Although we hail from all walks of life and speak dozens of languages, our staff share and work towards a common goal and vision for the company. These values are the embodiment of how we as a company and individually behave and present ourselves both internally and externally for our colleagues, our users and our customers.
- We have a blackbelt mindset
- We like to simplify things
- We make things happen
- We collaborate across teams, business units and brands
- We're passionate about what we do
- Competitive salary in a dynamic and innovative work environment
- We help you plan for your future by offering 5% contribution towards your pension
- Peace of mind with life assurance and fully paid healthcare
- Focused career development and progression opportunities
- If you’re cycling or commuting, we’ve got you covered with the Cycle-to-Work and TaxSaver schemes
- Running lessons with a dedicated trainer, right from our office
- English lessons for any newcomers to Ireland
- We have Friday treats and a monthly buffet breakfast supplied by Urban Picnic
- We celebrate your Birthday with cake and successful probations with champagne!
- Our biggest benefit is our friendly and talented people!