About Distilled SCH
Distilled SCH is the combined business of Irish owned Distilled Media Group and Schibsted Media Group from Oslo. Together we command leading positions in real estate, motors and general buy and sell with our hugely popular online marketplaces Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie.
What’s the opportunity?
We are currently looking for an exceptional Scrum Master with a passion for agile methodologies to join our team and help us shape the technical future of our business. You will be responsible for ensuring that our teams are high performing with respect to Agile guidelines and best practices. You will be an active contributor to driving the adoption and continuous improvement of Agile across the business. You will be delivery focused and ensure that you and your teams regularly exceed our customers’ expectations in terms of rolling out new features and functions.
What will I be doing?
You will continuously seek to improve the current agile process and strive to improve the use of Scrum throughout the different product teams. We expect the Scrum Master to ensure the development process runs smoothly by removing impediments and solving conflicts that are hampering the team’s advancement. The right person will influence others by demonstrating professionalism, passion, providing clear communication and creating a collaborative environment.
- Lead an agile, self-organising software product development team(s), empowering them to make great decisions in how they develop, test and release software
- Provide coaching, facilitation and support to the team
- Support the Product Owner in developing and managing the backlog, creating appropriate stories, grooming, and prioritisation
- Support the Product Owner and the Development team in delivering high quality software that exceeds customers expectations
- Help the team to understand their process and achieve reliable, predictable delivery
- Work with colleagues to improve our ability to deliver software, reducing our time to market whilst improving the quality of software delivered
- Work with other Scrum Masters, to ensure that agile principles and practices are adhered to
- Contribute to the agile community internally (knowledge sharing, brown bags, etc.) and externally (meet-ups, conferences, etc.)
- Providing all support to the team using servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example
- Run daily, weekly and monthly agile rituals effectively and efficiently
- Track work progress to identify blockages and developer divergence from allocated tasks
- Making sure that all information regarding changes in scope, delays and other detrimental events are communicated to those involved with the piece of work as soon as they arise
- Facilitating discussion, decision making and conflict resolution
- Facilitate team meetings including, preparation, moderation and post meeting follow ups
- Update scrum boards and, weekly status reports and team dashboards
What skills do I need?
- Ability to function as Scrum Master for multiple projects
- A good grounding in software development and QA/QE best practice
- Ability to mentor other Scrum Masters and train and educate the team on agile processes
- Excellent communication skills and an innate ability to influence others
- Most recent 3+ years working as a Scrum Master in a fast paced technology company
- Must be a Certified Scrum Master
What’s it like to work here?
You will have the opportunity to work with one of Ireland's fastest growing Internet companies. You will get the opportunity to make a significant contribution to our future direction. Projects are exciting and employees are given wide scope for creativity and innovation.
Our company values give us a framework for leadership and daily decision making, they are what make us a great place to work. Although we hail from all walks of life and speak dozens of languages, our staff share and work towards a common goal and vision for the company. These values are the embodiment of how we as a company and individually behave and present ourselves both internally and externally for our colleagues, our users and our customers.
- We have a blackbelt mindset
- We like to simplify things
- We make things happen
- We collaborate across teams, business units and brands
- We're passionate about what we do
- Competitive salary in a dynamic and technology driven environment
- We help you plan for your future by offering 5% contribution towards your pension
- Peace of mind with life assurance and fully paid healthcare
- Focused career development and progression opportunities
- If you’re cycling or commuting, we’ve got you covered with the cycle-to-work and TaxSaver schemes
- Running lessons every Tuesday with a dedicated trainer, right from our office
- English lessons for any newcomers to Ireland
- We have Friday treats and a monthly buffet breakfast supplied by Urban Picnic
- We celebrate your Birthday with cake and successful probations with champagne!
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment you need to do your job
- A great central location in the heart of Dublin city
- Our biggest benefit is our friendly and talented people!