About Distilled SCH
Distilled SCH is the combined business of Irish owned Distilled Media Group and Schibsted Media Group from Oslo. Together we command leading positions in real estate, motors and general buy and sell with our hugely popular online marketplaces Daft.ie, DoneDeal.ie and Adverts.ie.
What’s the opportunity?
We are currently looking for a hard-working, dynamic, enthusiastic and experienced person who is highly organised, self-motivated, with an eye for detail to join our team as a Junior Accounts Assistant. In this role you will provide general accounts assistance and support to the Finance Team and the wider business. Your role will be a mix of accounts payable and receivable and you will be responsible for all aspects of credit control in a busy accounts department. This role will give you a solid foundation for a career in accountancy.
What will I be doing?
- Prepare and issue invoices and credit notes for all group companies
- Process new sales orders to ensure accurate revenue recognition
- Agree payment plans with customers and ensure that they are adhered to
- Ensure all outstanding monies due to the company are collected in a timely and efficient manor, and according to agreed terms, including making calls to customers with accounts in arrears
- Receive all customer cheques and remittance advices and apply payments to customer accounts to ensure accurate allocation on a timely basis
- Prepare direct debit uploads on a daily basis in accordance with SEPA guidelines
- Working to specific targets for debt and cash collection
- Highlight ‘risk’ accounts to the Finance Manager
- Dealing efficiently and effectively with incoming calls and customer queries on a daily basis to facilitate payments from customers
- Collaborate with Sales as required in order to maintain an accurate position on customer accounts
- Collaborate with other departments, to ensure all new customer accounts are setup correctly in accordance with company guidelines
- Send out letters, statements and final payment reminders to customers and other ad hoc customer requests
- Maintain and manage monthly aged debt analysis
Assist the Finance Team in the following:
- process supplier invoices and match to correct purchase order
- code invoices to general ledger
- reconciliation of monthly supplier statements to accounts payable ledger
- preparation of monthly payments list to ensure all suppliers are paid in a timely manner
- preparation of bi-monthly payments list of employee expense claims including vouching expense claims to receipts
- review of employee credit card transactions including vouching receipts to statements, and posting to general ledger
Other ad hoc duties
- assisting in preparation of all Revenue & CSO returns
- assisting where required in monthly payroll
- assisting in bank & credit card reconciliations
- liaising with auditors when required
What skills and attributes do I need?
- 2+ years previous accounts administrator experience, of which minimum 1 years accounts receivable / credit control experience
- Excellent organisational and accounting skills and be proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Strong attention to detail and be highly numerate
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and have the ability to adapt to challenging environments and situations
- Self starter with an ability to work on their own initiative and demonstrate the ability to be a strong team player
- Customer focused with the ability to collaborate with other departments whenever necessary
- A positive, enthusiastic, can-do attitude and flexible approach to work
- Self-motivated and highly organised, with the ability to multitask and prioritise work
- Highly efficient with the ability to prioritise tasks and ensure that all documentation and queries are dealt with in a timely manner
What’s it like to work here?
You will have the opportunity to work with one of Ireland's fastest growing Internet companies. You will get the opportunity to make a significant contribution to our future direction. Projects are exciting and employees are given wide scope for creativity and innovation.
Our company values give us a framework for leadership and daily decision making, they are what make us a great place to work. Although we hail from all walks of life and speak dozens of languages, our staff share and work towards a common goal and vision for the company. These values are the embodiment of how we as a company and individually behave and present ourselves both internally and externally for our colleagues, our users and our customers.
- We have a blackbelt mindset
- We like to simplify things
- We make things happen
- We collaborate across teams, business units and brands
- We're passionate about what we do
- Competitive salary in a dynamic and technology driven environment
- We help you plan for your future by offering 5% contribution towards your pension
- Peace of mind with life assurance and fully paid healthcare
- Focused career development and progression opportunities
- If you’re cycling or commuting, we’ve got you covered with the cycle-to-work and taxsaver schemes
- Running lessons every Tuesday with a dedicated trainer, right from our office
- English lessons for any newcomers to Ireland
- We have Friday treats and a monthly buffet breakfast supplied by Urban Picnic
- We celebrate your Birthday with cake and successful probations with champagne!
- A great central location in the heart of Dublin city
- Our biggest benefit is our friendly and talented people!